H.R.2500 - National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2020116th Congress (2019-2020) |
|Sponsor:||Rep. Smith, Adam [D-WA-9] (Introduced 05/02/2019)(by request)|
|Committees:||House - Armed Services|
|Committee Reports:||H. Rept. 116-120; H. Rept. 116-120,Part 2|
|Latest Action:||Senate - 09/10/2019 Received in the Senate. (All Actions)|
|Roll Call Votes:||There have been 36 roll call votes|
This bill has the status Passed House
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
- Passed House
- Passed Senate
- To President
- Became Law
Summary: H.R.2500 — 116th Congress (2019-2020)All Information (Except Text)
Introduced in House (05/02/2019)
National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2020
This bill authorizes FY2020 appropriations and sets forth policies for Department of Defense (DOD) programs and activities, including military personnel strengths. It does not provide budget authority, which is provided in subsequent appropriations legislation.
The bill authorizes appropriations to DOD for
- Procurement, including aircraft, weapons and tracked combat vehicles, shipbuilding and conversion, missiles, and space procurement;
- Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation;
- Operation and Maintenance;
- Working Capital Funds;
- Chemical Agents and Munitions Destruction;
- Drug Interdiction and Counter-Drug Activities;
- the Defense Inspector General;
- the Defense Health Program;
- the Armed Forces Retirement Home;
- Overseas Contingency Operations; and
- Military Construction.
The bill authorizes the FY2020 personnel strength for active duty and reserve forces and sets forth policies regarding military personnel, acquisition policy and management, international programs, and National Guard and Reserve Forces facilities.
The bill also authorizes appropriations for base realignment and closure activities.